Wednesday 5 June 2013

1950`s Housewife Challenge

I am about to become a 1950`s Housewife for a year.

Many say I am crazy, I even had a friend say her head would POP!!

As many of you know I have Multiple Sclerosis and just to put your mind at ease - No it does not make you crazy and this is not the reason behind me wanting to challenge myself.

I want to do it because I love vintage and would like to see what it was like to live in the 1950`s.

I know it won`t be exactly the same but it will give me an idea.

I will be documenting my journey along the way and throughout the ups and downs. I would dearly love this blog to become very interactive where you can all add your feedback and comments and hopefully ideas:)

I want to set myself challenges and have you set me challenges throughout this time.

I want you all to enjoy coming along for the ride with me and to see the ups and downs as its sure to get rocky along the way.

Fortunately my family are very supportive and are keen to have a nice meal 7 days a week - so my 18yo daughter says as many nights of late we have had what I call grab it!!!

My Husband thinks he is in heaven - we will see as time goes by if he still thinks this way!!

I will be dressing 1950`s everyday complete with hair and make up, I am hoping you will all help me with ideas along the way!!

I am in no way a model in fact quiet the opposite. I am short and cuddly (a nice way to put it) I hate having my photo taken but considering I want to document what I am up to I will have to get use to that!!

I will need to be using the computer as I want to keep in contact with you all and to keep you updated daily. But this time will be limited.

If you have any ideas on what to use and what not to use please let me know. I look forward to your feedback.

Time is ticking and the date to commence will be posted tomorrow.

Chat soon xx





7 comments:

  1. Oohhh this sounds interesting. I wish you the best of luck Melissa. I know I couldn't do it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Naomi,
      I hope you manage to set me some challenges, which we can all enjoy.
      Thanks for following and I hope you enjoy our journey through 1950`s together. xx

      Delete
  2. I am with Naomi.. No way could I do this either. I am so slack more often then I like to admit. Will you be wearing pretty dresses every day too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Simone,
      I hope you will set some challenges also through out my time as a 1950`s housewife.
      I will be wearing pretty dresses everyday which is a whole other challenge as I don`t own a dress. Well thats a fib of sorts. I do now as I have been buying a few just for this!
      Chat soon xx

      Delete
  3. I am sooo proud of you!!!
    I remember the first day I met you when you cam into Ms Katt's Kustom House, and you told me that you were "to old and big to dress like that that" (tusk, tusk!!) You said you would leave it up to your daughters.
    Then when you showed up for one of our Dollface Pinup workshops I was so very amazed. You looked amazing and OMG you photograph so well.
    I for one am very excited to be following you on this journey you are going on, and am very proud of you.
    Your an amazing, beautiful woman and this era suit you!!
    Lots of love
    Channie (Miss Curvy Sue) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soooo much!!!
      It is you that I have to thank, you were so kind that day, I loved the way you looked you were amazing!! The girls and I were so appreciative that you took the time to help us out and answered soooo many questions.
      I am so very glad to have your support, thank you sooo much!!
      If you have any ideas I would love to hear them.
      I now have a name that Katt helped me out with as we were going around in circles getting no where fast and within a few minutes she had hit the name on the head. MISS LILLY MAY. It just also happens to be my Nans middle name almost, hers was Lydia May.
      Lot of Love xx

      Delete
    2. I am sure we would all love to see some of your gorgeous photos:) xx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! It means a lot :D