Friday 14 June 2013

1950`s Challenge Day 5


I am running a day behind in putting up my photos, sorry for the delay.

I have chosen to wear a hat for day 5.

I love hats, so much so that  when my girls were younger they had a hat to match every outfit!

At the time my Husband was in the Army and we lived in a Defence Home, he came home one night and I was so excited to tell him I had made a place to hang the girls hats. To his surprise and horror I proudly showed him the 3 inch nails I had nailed into the window frame to act as a hook!!!




Getting up early every morning to make sure I have a nice cup of coffee ready for Lord Huntingdon after he gets out of the shower and his lunch made for the day is becoming tiring!!

I don`t know how the women in the 1950`s did so much in one day. I guess I have a lot of improving to do!!!

Do not despair I have no intentions on giving up. I am running out of dresses and have just ordered more!!

Baking on day 5 I made a lovely Coconut Tea Cake that my niece kindly shared with me. She said her Nan use to make it and she now makes it for her Husband. Apparently he loves it straight out of the oven with butter on top. He even heats a thick slice in the microwave if it has cooled down!!

This is the cake I made, it was simple to make just the way I like them to be. Very moist and tasty!!


COCONUT TEA CAKE
Ingredients:
1 cup S.R Flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup coconut
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Method:
preheat oven to 200'c pre grease loaf tin or line with baking paper.
combine all ingredients and bake in loaf tin for 45 mins to 1 hour.

This recipe was kindly shared by my Niece Jade Hume.
Thank you gorgeous xxx

What do you all want to see.?

This is an interactive blog where you all get to share what you would like to see, share you recipes, photos and challenges.

We are all friends here get on board and speak up we would all love to hear from you!!

Chat soon xx

6 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing you in all you new outfits. You have inspired me to look into 50's baking, I'll let you know what I find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, I look forward to seeing some photos of your 1950`s baking. I know you are a fabulous cook so I am holding my breath waiting! xx

      Delete
  2. The cake looks yummy, just the way nan bakes it :)
    What did Simon think of it with butter on??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad it turned out the way your Nan made it as I must of done something right! Simon loved it with butter, he has requested I make it again as it went pretty quick!! xx

      Delete
  3. Hi Melissa,

    I have finally got all butterfly clips into the envelope for posting. It was hard to do as I wanted to keep them flat so you see what I have done when they arrive. Uncle Darryl and I went op shopping this week and I brought him a 4 piece mug and saucer set along with a milk jug and sugar bowl. Black with gold rims and made in Japan. Back in the late 1880 and through to I suppose the 60's Japan made some of the most divine dinnerware. I will post a photo later for you.
    E-bay also has a fantastic antique section, I have brought many things for our home from there.

    Love
    Rose
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much I am looking forward to trying them out!!
      I love looking through the op shops and antique shops as you find so many treasures. If only my house was built as I find great things but have nowhere to store them!!
      Much Love
      xxx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! It means a lot :D