Wednesday 19 June 2013

1950`s Challenge Day 9 - Rollers Please!

Everyday I go to the local Shop/Post Office and the owners are always happy to see me and  what I am wearing. They are a lovely family and have started taking photos, which is fine now but 1 year ago there was no way you could get me to stand still for a photo!!

A few days ago they requested that I wear rollers in my hair with a bandanna over the top. As she had remembered the sit com Here`s Lucy and said that was what she was wearing in an episode with pants and a shirt doing her house work

So the following day I had my daughter Maddie pop in the rollers and and do the bandanna for me, I popped on an apron that my eldest daughter Jaimi-lee had made as it was meant to look like a cleaning day from Here`s Lucy as requested.

In the car and off I went to take Maddie to the shops to meet her friends fully dresses in my apron, rollers and bandanna!!

"Do you want me to come in with you?" I asked before we got there thinking I would embarrass her but she simply said "If you like"

I had asked her before I had started if she would still walk with me dressed in 1950`s and she said she would and she would wear a T shirt with an arrow pointed at me with That's my MUM written on it!!

How sweet is she? We have obviously done a fantastic job raising our 2 girls. Pats on our back!!!

Anyway back to the rollers in the hair.


Sorry about the photo the apron is done up right at this stage, we fixed it later!!


The owners were so happy, out came the camera for a happy snap!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! It means a lot :D