Tuesday 11 June 2013

1950`s Housewife day 3

Today`s Hair is curled - well I tried.


I am loving this challenge more and more everyday, I feel alive and excited for the next day to come around so I can try new styles.

Lord Hunting was impressed today when I got up when he was in the shower and collected his work clothes from the wardrobe and had them ready to present to him when he was out of the shower.

Coffee made  and lunch packed for him to take to work, he does not eat breakfast so I had time to sit by the fire and chat with him before giving  him a kiss and wishing him a good day at work.

Maddie was next to get out of bed and make sure she was ready to get to the bus in time ready to head off to school.

She came out of her room and requested that she had the day off school to study as she has exams coming up and they were only studying at school so I agreed as long as study was to take place.

Well the first day of my challenge when everyone was either at work or at school was going well so far. Much easier than I had anticipated as between 6am and 7;30am is the busiest time of the day in my household.

Bed made, washing done and hang out.

Animals all fed and watered.

Quotes sent out as requested by Lord Huntingdon.

Now the hard work begins of getting my FACE on and HAIR done!! All before I head out to do the groceries and run other errands.

About 1 hour passes as I try and try to get my hair to settle and resemble a 1950`s picture I have chosen to try and resemble today.

Well as you can see from the picture above I managed to get it sitting and not frizzy as when I had started.

Off to run my daily errands I felt on top of the world. I have a gorgeous loving and supportive family who encourage me daily and if it was not for them I would be sitting at home feeling sorry for myself with this stupid MS.

Now I have an interest in getting up, putting on a FACE and doing my HAIR. It may not be perfect everyday but I am having fun trying.

I am not finished with my weekly menu as promised but I can tell you that we are having savoury mince and pasta bake tonight. The menu should be finished tonight and I will pop it up tomorrow

Chat soon xx

6 comments:

  1. And popped in to see your eldest daughter and granddaughter! :) It was good to see you to! :) You look beautiful today - ( and every other day ) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How could I have forgotten my Gorgeous daughter and Granddaughter.
      I loved seeing you both as always xxx

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you had another lovely day Melissa. Your hair looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Naomi, Thank you so much, my hair is the most difficult for me to do but nothing beats perserverience(most days)LOL
      I did have a lovely day, just a little disappointed that I didn`t get to comlete my weekly menu.
      Hope to chat soon xx

      Delete
  3. Mel, you are doing a great job with your Hair!!!
    It will get easier, and you will start to kno what hairstyles work best and what ones are easier, I suggest sticking with simple ones when your at home for the day, some simple curls, use a snood or bandana, or even set it and put it in a head scarf, you could even do a pony tail in the back and focus on working with the front.
    Your doing great
    Love Channie
    (Miss Curvy Sue)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Channie, you are such an inspiration, thank you so much for your words of wisdom, it is very much appreciated!!
      Hope to catch up soon
      Much love xxx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! It means a lot :D