Sunday 9 June 2013

1950`s Housewife Challenge has commenced!!!!

I didn`t sleep very well at all last night, tossing and turning waiting for the hours to pass by so I could commence living as the 50`s Housewife.

Finally it came time to get out of bed, it seemed that the night went on forever!!

Up early and showered.

That was the easy part!!!

Coffee made once out of the shower for myself and Lord Huntingdon.

I then went to work doing my hair.

Now this I found a huge challenge!!

As I can`t feel my hands very well due to the Multiple Sclerosis and the fact that I need to look in the mirror to see what I am doing and work my brain and hands all together just doesn`t work easily as my brain sends mixed messages and I can`t co-ordinate everything to work together.

Whilst getting frustrated trying to master my hair and watching movies on how to style my hair, Lord Huntingdon came in and lent a hand.

Between the 2 of us we managed to get something which looked OK for the first day. I am sure it will improve as time goes on and the time will also get quicker. Considering it took me about 2 hours to get ready from start to finish I really need to cut that time down considerably.





Once ready we set off in the car to travel the hours drive to Lord Huntingdon`s parents for lunch. His brother, sister-in law and niece were also there.

My mother-in-law had no idea I was going to arrive as a 50`s housewife. Nor did anyone else!!

Well it certainly got a reaction, they were all very supportive and overjoyed at how I looked and what I had set myself for the year ahead.

We all enjoyed a lovely lunch together with great company.

I had even made some nice butterfly cupcakes to share with a cup of tea. These were loved by all, especially Lord Huntingdon who has requested more to be made tomorrow.





Well all in all today was relatively easy except for my hair-which I plan to perfect over time!

Home for dinner where I made rissoles, chips and gravy with salad.

From next Sunday it will be a Sunday Roast every Sunday. With leftover meat for lunches in lunch boxes.

I am needing some ideas on a Pin Up name so any suggestions will be appreciated:)

Recipes will be posted tomorrow for the butterfly cupcakes and the jelly cakes which will be made tomorrow as Lord Huntingdon is cutting wood on our property and has requested them for morning tea.



Thanks for following.
Chat soon Mel xx

10 comments:

  1. Well my darling your look so beautiful and have just about inspired me to do my hair and tomorrow the curlers are in. You have done such a fabulous job in getting yourself together and I am very proud of you. Looking forward to giving Uncle Darryl the recipe of your Butterfly Cakes and I brought patty cases only yesterday, so there is no excuse. He is a wonderful chef!

    Looking forward to reading your next blog and remember do NOT wear yourself out.

    Love
    Rose
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Auntie Roseanne, you are so sweet, I appreciate your comments and interest in my challenge. I would love to see a photo of your hair done, as I am sure it will look gorgeous.
      Let me know how Uncle Darryl goes with the butterfly cakes:)
      Love to you both XXX

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you my gorgeous girl, you look awesome in pin-up so you should join me even if its only for a day.
      Love you XXX

      Delete
  3. You and Lord Huntingdon did a fab job getting your hair all pretty. You look gorgeous in green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simone, I never liked green until the last few months. I normally wear black so it`s nice to be in colors.

      Delete
  4. Tonight my dear Melissa I have curlers in my hair or top half front section I should say. I said to Uncle Darryl can you remember when we were first married and I would put my hair in curlers each night for you. Nope...he did not!

    So I am not sure as to how it will go in the morning, I may need a few days practice but I am attempting to give it a good try. I will attempt this week to buy or make my 1950's outfit just to see what I would look like.

    Love you and keep well.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How is the out fit going, have you found something or made anything? If so I would love to see a photo.

      It is so sweet of you to put in so much effort and I would love to get some photos of you both together>

      Love to you both xx

      Delete
  5. Hi Melissa, you look absolutely fab! The hair and outfit look sensational.I was envious reading about the butterfly cakes so I am really looking forward to hearing more about you and Lord Huntjngton. This is a fabulous idea!
    Love
    Kay xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment and support.
      I am glad you like the 1950`s as much as I do and you will be popping by from time to time.
      If you have any good recipe ideas from the 1950`s that you know of let me know and I`ll give it a try:)
      Much Love xxx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! It means a lot :D