Wednesday 26 June 2013

Missing in Action

I have been missing in action for the past few days, sorry to all my valued readers and friends.

As most of you know I have Multiple Sclerosis and from time to time I will go missing in action but I am happy to tell you I have still been doing my 1950`s challenge. I love it so much it is becoming more of a way of life now!!

I have so much support it really does make me appreciate everyone of you.

THANK YOU!!!!

Walking down the street and being asked for a photo makes me so proud of what I am doing,  and the fact that someone else has enjoyment from it makes me smile.

Yes you do get the weird glances occasionally but I just ignore them, smile and continue on my way!

I have been taking some photos over the last few days, this was the best I could get, anyway as you can see I have  popped it up for you all but as you see its just a head shot as Lord Huntingdon is at work and Maddie is at school it`s hard to take a photo of myself  full length on the phone!!

And it`s a hat again, I love hats but this is the only one I have at the moment that is in the 1950`s so I am on the look out for more. If you see any let me know PLEASE!!!


I am thinking that once a week I should do some nice full length photos out and about when I can have someone take the photo and you all get to see a little bit of Tassie. Let me know your thoughts on this, you can even send me in a request of what you would like to see and we will do our best to achieve it for you.

I also wanted to share with you all a photo a my gorgeous 18yo Maddie at a vintage photos shoot that she and I both did about a month ago. Sorry about the information around the picture, I tried to remove it and it made the photo too short and cut out the front of the picture.



If you are on face book we have a private group which is called Miss Lilly May`s Vintage Affair, if you would like to be involved let me know and I can add you. We will be doing a lot of fun activities like bowling nights, car rally`s, Treasure hunts, Skating, Dinner and movie nights and for those who live to far away for those activities you won`t miss out as we also have competition nights, quiz's, photo challenges where you need to take a photo of yourself and something specific and much more in the pipe line.

I was so excited on the last visit to my Mother in law`s that she gave me her collection of old magazines and papers dating back a century!! This is just 2 of the magazines, I thought you might like to see, the pictures are amazing!! All magazines and papers are in immaculate condition. It`s amazing to sit down and read them it really does take you back in time!!

Sorry that they are up the wrong way, when I saved them I turned them to sit up right but when I upload them they go back to this way. Tried to fix it a couple of times but no luck!!



I still have my training wheels on when it comes to computers - SORRY!!!

I thought I should add a photo of Lord Huntingdon so you can put a face to this person I talk about so much. He normally has his head down making, fixing or working so you don`t get to see his face.

                                               He is the love of my life and my best friend xxx


I am happy to report that my new clothes have arrived and I am picking them up today, I am so excited and you will all get to see some gorgeous dresses.

I would love to hear any ideas you have, don`t be shy post them in the comments and I will see what we can achieve.

Chat soon
Miss Lilly May xx




4 comments:

  1. Hi Lady H.... Fabulous stories it just like waiting for the next episode of A Place to call Home. I think the idea of getting dressed up and having photos out and about is a fantastic idea. One inside an old antiques store would be fabulous... Particularly the one in Elizabeth Street where they have the old cameras, typewriters, etc. Places like Runnymede House at New Town would be a lovely setting as they also have nice gardens. Botanical gardens in the gazebo would be a great location too.
    I'm excited to see the dresses... How divine to get all these lovely items.... You will look gorgeous in them.
    Maddie looks beautiful as a 1950 belle. I didn't recognize her at first I thought it was a model posing with the picnic basket!!!!
    And those magazines!!!!! What a fantastic gift from your mother in law. The covers are so beautiful....
    Well give my regards to Lord H.... You may have some ups and downs with the MS but you are bringing such a wonderful sense of glamour and fun to your life and to others. You are achieving so much and we are all so proud of you! Xxxx
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind reply. I will take some photos out and about and add in some of your suggestions. I will then quiz you to see if you know where I have had them taken!!
      I miss you xxx

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear you have been under the weather, I did notice your absence, but guessed you were not well or busy. I would love to see some full length shots with background, so that I can see a bit more of your country. The magazines are fabulous, I bet they are fascinating to read. Love the hat and scarf combo, and your husband looks like a nice, happy,smiley guy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, I think you would love him he is so kind and generous. He is a wonderful Husband and Father and now also a wonderful Grandfather and Father in law. I am adding some full length shots in a moment, I hope you like them. xx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! It means a lot :D