Friday 28 June 2013

1950`s House wife Challenge and loving it!!!



I am having so much fun, although at times it is tiring as I try to have everything done and to be like the 1950`s housewife of yesteryear. I appreciate them more and more everyday!!

Making sure Lord Huntingdon has his lunch and thermos ready every morning before he goes to work which can be as early as 5am. I like to make it fresh in the morning instead of packing it he night before.

I have to make myself look like a 1950`s housewife daily so the hair and make up need to be done and this can take some time as I fight daily with my hands to work in co-ordination with what my brain is trying to tell it to do!!

Having Maddie who is an 18yo ready for school and drive her to the bus by 7:10 every morning which can be very hard as she has to shower, blow dry or straighten her hair, do her make up which takes forever especially if she is seeing her boyfriend after school. As she goes to a private all girls school she has to see him after school.

Back home and my job of cleaning, washing, feeding my menagerie of animals, baking etc.. continues.

I try to keep up with my blog but as you all know that can be a little hit and miss depending on how I am feeling.

We also work for ourselves so all issues of our business needs to be addresses.

Today was really hectic!!! I did everything I do normally but I also had to take Maddie`s dog to the parlour to be groomed, which takes 90 minutes. Then I had to bring her home which is 45mins from where we live. Then it was off to the craft fair which was another 45min drive to meet my daughter Jaimi-Lee, granddaughter Charlotte and my Auntie Tup.

The craft fair was not what I thought it would be as there was really nothing to buy which was already made. You had to buy the kit and make everything yourself. This would be  great if I was good at sewing but I am not therefore I wanted to buy all the gorgeous things which those clever people like many of you can create.

They had alot of gorgeous patchwork quilts, here are 2 photos that my Auntie took there were many many more!!!





I wore 1 of my new dresses which I had my daughter take some full length photos  for you to have a look at.  There are no slimming lenses here, I have asked but I am yet to find any. LOL





This is all for tonight, I will be back to chat tomorrow with some photos away from home, so those of you who know Tassie check in to see if you know where I am. I will make it easy for the first time:)

5 comments:

  1. My goodness you have been busy! Shame about the craft fair, they should really have had both the kits, and some already made to sell, but never mind perhaps next time at another fair. Love the dress, it suites you, and you look fab! Looking forward to the local photos next week. From the amount of time you spend travelling it sounds like you live in quite a remote area? We are only a 10 minute bus ride from our nearest town of Barnsley, from there you can catch regular trains to the city's of Sheffield, Wakefield, Huddersfield and Leeds. Everywhere is easy to drive to, only 15 minutes to the M1, which is a major motorway which runs the length of England.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We live in the country, we always have as we both love the space to keep our animals. Simon likes to build things with metal, he also enjoys forgeing. He is very clever and can turn his hand to anything. I am use to driving as I was a real estate agent therefore driving was part and parcel of my job. There are times however that it would be nice to be closer to town such as DR appointments but I really likr the piece and quiet of the country!
      Thanks for the compliment, the dress is gorgeous, I had many people ask where I got it!!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Gorgeous dress! Gee it must be fun "dressing up" every day. I wouldn't have the patience. I barely do anything with my hair other then throw it in a pony tail..

    I am not a fan of craft fairs - handmade markets on the other hand are awesome! Do you have anything like that in Tasmania?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love the dresses Melissa, you look stunning in them dear. You'll have to get Jaimi Lee to make you a wardrobe ready for summer. With matching scarves or head ties. Have you tried the butterfly clips or found out how to use them as yet?

    Love

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lady H

    The dress is gorgeous and you look a picture of 1950s perfection in it....

    Kay xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! It means a lot :D