Monday 10 June 2013

1950`s day 2

Hi again, I must say I am really liking this challenge.

My daughter Maddie asked me "why is it for 1 year I love you in this look, it really suits you, you should do it all the time".

Lord Huntingdon also has positive comments to say and says how beautiful I look.





                                                      


Did he think before in my old tack pants that I didn`t ? LOL

It is great to get such lovely comments, especially being a bigger girl!!



Apron on ready for baking.

Today is going well. I have made more butterfly cakes and also jelly cakes as these were both requested by Lord Huntingdon.






                                       
              There were many more of these, but this was all I found when I came back from next door!!

Lord Huntingdon has been busy cutting wood today with our neighbour on our property. It gets very cold here and will snow sometimes as we are up in the hills. So I appreciate the wood to keep us warm and luckily we have a lot on our property as it is very expensive to go out and buy it.



Wood all chopped and packed in the shed.  Fire light and lovely and warm.
Thank you Lord Huntingdon and Lord Lancewood!!

Tomorrow I will uploading the weekly menu, as in the 1950`s the housewife would have a budget to supply food for her family, and it was much easier for here to pre plan her meals for the family for the week ahead.

This is something that I have never had to worry about in the past, however I now believe that I should try to do this and live off a food budget and prepare food that will be made from scratch.

No takeaways here unless I make a substitute from scratch at home.

Any good ideas please post as I would love to try them out.

Chat tomorrow XX

4 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous Melissa! No wonder Lord Huntingdon is excited to see you "glamming" up every day! Those fairy cakes look delicious! Oh my goodness I want some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Simone, I am glad you are enjoying joining in for the ride. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, some recipe ideas you could try for meals are:
    honey lemon chicken
    salmon with mango and chilli salsa
    beef and broccoli stirfry
    sweet and sour mince
    chicken curry pasta


    if you want any of these recipes just let me know and I will sent them to you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jade,
      Thanks for these recipes, I have received them and they are on the menue for the coming week. I will let you know how they turn out.
      xx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! It means a lot :D