Wednesday 12 June 2013

M.S Hug strikes again. Day 4 of the 1950`s Housewife Challenge

Today has not been a great day for me.

Last night I was woken at 1:30am with what is called the MS hug.

Please understand that this is a stupid name as it is far from a hug, it is more like being strangled by a boa constrictor!!

I could not sleep and nothing you do can ease the pain that you are experiencing.

The alarm went off at 5 am to wake Lord Huntingdon for work, by 6am he managed to drag himself out of bed, I was making him coffee and his lunch was ready and waiting for him.

I explained my bad night although I had spoken to him throughout the night when he kept asking me what I was doing as I was rocking the bed so much to try to relieve the pain it must have felt as though we were on a boat.

It was not long and Lord Huntingdon was off to work for the day with a kiss and enjoy your day.

I waited for Maddie to get herself ready for school and as anyone who has an 18yo daughter knows that getting her out of the bathroom in time to rush her down the road to catch the bus on time is a challenge in itself!!!

With Maddie on the bus on her way to school I drove home slowly as I now only had myself to think of and how uncomfortable I was with the MS hug still lingering!!

It took me a few hours to do what would normally take me about 30 minutes.

I felt terrible and although my body kept telling me to go back to bed I knew that would be no more comfortable than doing things slowly and pushing on with my day.

I managed to do my hair and makeup for my 1950`s Challenge. Although not great I still managed to get something done.

As you can see from the photo it needs improvement, but as promised I will try to post a photo everyday.


Karen thank you for your suggestion with trying the bandanna, as you see my attempt is not great but imagine in a few months we can look back and hopefully see an improvement!!


Dinner tonight was Satay chicken and vegetables with bread and butter pudding for dessert.

I have not done my baking today but will do double tomorrow and have it up for you to see.

Doctors appointment tomorrow morning so I will be busy catching up with baking and blogging tomorrow afternoon.

Just to throw a spanner in the works Maddie is not well and is also off to the Dr tomorrow as I think she has tonsillitis. Poor thing I kept telling her yesterday it was too much parting as she has just turned 18 and now of course all of her friends are turning 18 within months of each other so their schedule is full up celebrating!!

Hopefully tomorrow is a more productive day!!!!

Chat tomorrow xx

2 comments:

  1. Hairband looks good to me. Sorry you had a bad night, hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feeling much better today Karen, I am glad you like the bandanna.
    I am about to start cooking and I wish you were here to add some of your magic. I have seen so of your baking and it looks devine!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! It means a lot :D