Friday 12 April 2013

My Optometrist Appointment

Today I head off to the optometrist after I drop my daughter Maddie and her friend off at school.

I am certain that this will be a short visit as in the past I have been told that I have 20/20 vision.

I sit down as directed in the GREY chair.

Why is it at this point do I start to feel like a school girl when he starts to demand answers to his questions?

Why do you need your eyes checked?

Who do you think needs to wear glasses?

Do you look after you eyes, such as moisturise and exfoliate them?

Every time I answer his question he preaches to me like he is at church giving a sermon!

As I sit there dutifully answering his questions as he is shinning lights in my eyes and getting me to read this line and that line, which line is bolder which is not I am feeling as I need to run out the door as I fear the next thing he is going to say to me is that I need glasses!

Finally as we are getting to the end of my appointment I blurt out my own question.

DO I NEED GLASSES?

His response was simple and to the point.

Well if you want to see clearer then yes you need glasses, I have a prescription here you can take it now or leave it until you are totally fed up with they way your eyes make you feel and come back and collect it as you didn't come in here and ask for my help to fix the problem you simply asked me to check your vision!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! It means a lot :D